Ready? Fire! Aim! I love this phrase. Seems like when I talk to other podcasters and entrepreneurs, there’s an all-too common theme of getting ready to get ready. We’re stuck in the process of getting ready. The problem is, we never launch. Never fire. Never move to the next level.
Unfortunately, I’ve struggled with this as I’m sure you have at one point or another.
It’s common. But it is an enemy. The enemy of INACTION… PASSIVITY… APATHY… etc.
It’s hard to fight too. You certainly can’t go at it alone. You certainly can’t expect to never fight it. It’s always there.
But WE must RISE ABOVE and FIGHT IT! I encourage YOU to TAKE ACTION! Wherever you’re at with you’re podcast, just PLEASE take action!
If you ever get stuck, don’t ever hesitate to contact me. Profitcast is a community, not just a podcast. We’re in this together.
My goal for Profitcast was to, not only get the answers we’re all looking for on how to grow and monetize our podcasts, but also to create a community of podcasters who can come around each other and lift each other up to success!
I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of people saying that podcasting is a hobby or you can’t make money in podcasting or (fill in the blank).
WHO’S WITH ME?
I have Jason Hartman with me today. He’s brought in more than 10 million in revenue and 5 million downloads with his podcasts. He owns a podcast network (Hartman Media) as well as the Jason Hartman Foundation and is bringing us some INCREDIBLE advice and wisdom to Profitcast. This is definitely one you don’t want to miss.
Here’s my question of the week: What is preventing you, specifically, from taking ACTION with your podcast right now? CLICK HERE to contact me!
Jason Hartman is the Founder and CEO of Platinum Properties Investor Network, The Hartman Media Company and The Jason Hartman Foundation.
Starting with very little, Jason, while still in college at the age of 19, embarked on a career in real estate while brokering properties for clients, he was investing in he own portfolio along the way. Through creativity, persistence and hard work, he soon joined the ranks of the top one-percent of Realtors in the U.S. and in quick succession; earned a number of prestigious industry awards and became a young multi-millionaire.
The Hartman Media Company is an innovative portal for educational content to benefit aspiring entrepreneurs and professionals in various fields and services. Jason hosts a podcast called “The Creating Wealth Show” where he talks about real estate investing, financial and entrepreneurship strategies.
Jason also believes that giving back to the community plays an important role in building strong personal relationships. He established The Jason Hartman Foundation in 2005 to provide financial literacy education to young adults providing the all important real world skills not taught in school which are the key to the financial stability and success of future generations. We’re in a global monetary crisis caused by decades of misguided policies and the cycle of financial dependence has to be broken, literacy and self-reliance are a good start.
Slacker’s…er… NON-Slacker’s Manifesto
- Passion is essential
- Is the rest of the world interested in your topic?
- Podcasting gives you access to thought leaders
- Constantly refine, refine, refine
- Law of polarization is a VERY important law!!!!
- STOP being reasonable… start being UNREASONABLE
- TAKE A STAND
1) He’s opinionated and gets REAL
2) Big name guests right out the gate
3) Develop COMMUNITY – make your listeners feel like you’re a part of something!
4) Create a philosophy around the podcast – 10 COMMANDMENTS OF PODCASTING
- Pursue a personal mission
- Thou shalt produce quality recordings
- Stop wasting your listener’s time
- Get to the point
- Leverage Time with good workflow
- Create personal brand
- Thou shalt high quality content – entertaining, educational, and executable
- Summarize it into something ACTIONABLE with what we just learned
- Thou shalt post thy content REGULARLY
- Thou shalt follow proper podcasting etiquette
- Define a business strategy
- Change the world!!
- Constantly getting really good guests
- Best strategy for monetizing his podcasts/network: BUILD COMMUNITY AND TRUST!!!
- CULTIVATE Rational Reasonable Recklessness
- Don’t be the person who’s always getting ready to get ready
- There is WISDOM in ACTION
- “To know and not to do is to not yet know”
- “The road to hell is paved with good intentions”
- “My life seems like one long obstacle course with me as the chief obstacle”
- The world is abundant but if you can learn to just create enough value that you can exchange with others, you’ll succeed!
TAKE ACTION and TAKE A STAND!
- CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW
- Please check out Jason’s podcasts and website! (LINKS BELOW)
- Question this week:
- What is preventing you, specifically, from taking ACTION with your podcast right now?
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!
Links and Resources
- Hartman Media
- Jason’s Website
- Jason Hartman Foundation
- Long Tail by Chris Anderson
- 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Ready Aim Fire by Michael Masterson