It takes a level of excellence in most, if not all areas, to grow and monetize our podcasts.
We can continue to talk about the strategies to monetize and the strategies to grow our audience (and we will) with iTunes, reviews, social media, etc., but the reality is, if we don’t cure our average with our podcasts… none of those strategies will matter in the long run.
I came to a realization that we really need to CURE THE AVERAGE for our podcasts. It is essential that we MASTER OUR CRAFT of podcasting.
I’m not saying we need to be perfect by any means. But I AM saying that we need to put priority, focus, commitment, perseverance, etc. on mastering excellence with our podcasts. When we can do that, those strategies we’ve been talking about will be a LOT easier to implement and succeed with!
After listening to this week’s Profitcast episode, let me know what you think and what, if anything, resonates with you.
Also, here’s my question of the week: What average do you need to cure for your podcast? CLICK HERE to contact me!
- Recap of 4 things learned recently:
- Laser focus
- Finding a common enemy with your listeners
- Cure for the Average
- What it means
- The Matrix and my old neighborhood
- How this applies to our podcasts
- Average sound, mic presentation, content, succinctness, connection with listeners, understanding of the avatar, tenacity and perseverance, work ethic, belief and confidence, laser focus, etc. etc. etc.
- What I’ve come to discover, and we may not like this, is that there’s really no quick way to growing and monetizing your podcast despite what some people will say
- It takes a level of excellence in most, if not all of these areas, to grow and monetize your podcast
- We can continue to talk about the strategies to monetize and the strategies to grow your audience (and we will) with iTunes, reviews, social media, etc. but the reality is, if we don’t cure our average with our podcasts… none of those strategies will matter in the long run.
- So are you in this for the long haul? Because if you are… and you’re willing to cure the average in your podcast, then you’ll succeed.
- Practice mic and presentation skills – mirror, shower, car, etc. A LOT
- Ask a LOT of questions and listen to people – what they want, etc.
- LOVE what you do – and choose a topic that you can enjoy
- Continue to learn and apply the knowledge to wisdom
- Take the SHORT Survey below please! :)
- Question this week:
- What average do you need to cure for your podcast?
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!