Cliff was the person who taught me to podcast. He helped me to transition from radio to the world of podcasting.
He gave me my start.
He helped me to be set up for a truly successful and profitable podcast.
Cliff has been called the Godfather of Podcasting and knows his stuff.
He’s been podcasting since 2005 and has had tremendously successful podcasts over the years and has now turned his passion into a full-time career. Cliff has spoken at numerous conferences, including being the keynote speaker for Podcast Movement in August.
We get a chance to dig deep into podcasting and how to create a truly profitable podcast with some great strategies and, even, simple solutions to seemingly complicated problems! I hope you learn a great deal and enjoy this episode! :)
How are you answering questions and delivering what your audience is asking for? GET SPECIFIC! CLICK HERE to contact me!
- First and foremost – Cliff created content HE was passionate about
- If he created content people wanted more than HE wanted… it didn’t last
- Then looks for people who are receiving a benefit from it
- He shares his life, thoughts, advice, etc. in a TRANSPARENT way
- Cliff answered the questions that people would ask him on email – that’s how Podcast Answer Man was started!
- Spoke about it exhaustively and then, as a result, became the expert on that topic
- “Growing your audience” should NOT be your focus
- INSTEAD – grow a deeper relationship with the listeners you ALREADY HAVE
- Completely forget the fact that you “ONLY have 400 people” and are trying to “grow to 1,000 or more”
- INSTEAD – ask how many of those people have you had a PERSONAL relationship with
- How many have been PERSONALLY touched by YOU not JUST your show (e-mail, social interaction, phone, face-to-face, etc.)
- How many of those 400 people have you gone deeper with?
- Build your podcast 1 relationship at a time
- Get creative with ways to monetize
- So many people think TOO small
- How many people could I get to pay me $1,000 this year
- Build up reciprocity
- Natural “REACTION” – negative side – someone punches you… you want to punch them back HARDER
- Positive side – someone blesses you, you want to bless them back MORE
- “The more successful you become, the less accessible you will be” – Andy Stanley
- “Do for some what I wish I could do with everyone.”
- Trust God with your reputation
Pursuing some Action
- CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW
- Please check out Cliff’s websites and podcasts! (LINKS BELOW)
- Question this week:
- How are you answering questions and delivering what your audience is asking for? GET SPECIFIC!
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!
Links and Resources
- Podcast Answer Man
- Podcasting A to Z – Make sure to use PROMO CODE “514” to get $500 OFF! (Next session starts Jan. 12th, 2015!)
- Pursuing a Balanced Life