Daniel J. Lewis and I talked about the “Monetization Strategies Successful Podcasters Use” in episode 31 of Profitcast. Right after that, Jason contacted me and said he was using a different way to monetize his podcast and it was working!
So, naturally, I wanted to interview Jason and find out what he was doing so we can pass on his strategies to you in hopes you can benefit from this model as well!
Also, I have 3 takeaway points to consider from last week’s episode (episode 32) about “The Secret Strategy to Growing Your Podcast.”
CLICK HERE to contact me!
- Continue to TAKE ACTION every day! Don’t become stagnant.
- Gain knowledge and wisdom – know what you’re getting into, prep yourself, make sure you’re really ready for it in order to commit to it
- Continue to improve every single day
- VERY niche – certain shows directly to the college’s sports ONLY
- Virginia Tech – shows the power of the niche – model program for what he’s doing
- All about wrestling – their team is ranked 9th in the nation
- Virginia Tech fan is a fan of ALL their sports
- Alumni have a tie to the university
- The Universities are using the podcasts as a recruiting tool
- AND – they don’t have to do the work! Jason does it!
- Jason is selling HIS reputation
- Social media
- Looking at retweets and favorites – you know what’s resonating
- Have to establish yourself as an expert and get the reputation built!
- Educate yourself on the topic you want the most and then become an expert on it
- Make sure your show is DIFFERENT – have a unique perspective
- Passion and courage
- Find the right niche – sell your podcast/product/service
- Tapped into an existing audience
- Recommends doing whatever you can to tap into an existing audience rather than trying to create your own
- Jason’s best money strategy – being able to sell his reputation, professionalism, and experience to the schools.
- Essentially – Jason has a business that gets clients (schools) and pitches to coaches saying HE will create a podcast for the coaches, talking about what they want him to talk about. His business, his clients, they pay him to create and host a podcast FOR them.
- His monetization model is based on trust, professionalism, quality
- Ego – HAVE to be confident in your ability and service BUT don’t be cocky
Wrestling with whether or not to check out Jason’s website? DO IT!
Question of the week?
What do you think of this monetization model?