8 Flares 8 Flares ×
First of all, I had a TREMENDOUS opportunity to be a part of the Podcast Awards review team this last week! It was a treat and it was very encouraging to be a part of! I share a few things I saw in the review process that I thought were hilarious, but more importantly, very confirming, encouraging, and helpful for our podcasts!
Our podcast, Arrow Squad, is a finalist in the Best Produced category!! I am beyond excited and thankful! Congratulations if your podcast was nominated and selected as a finalist!!!
The big thing I did this week was some extensive research on sponsorships for podcasts.
I contacted companies that advertise with podcasts. I also researched other companies, podcasts, networks, etc. to see what sponsorships worked for them and how they worked. I wanted to aggregate the data to determine how best to utilize sponsorships for our podcasts. I went into this bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with high hopes that I would find some encouraging results for all of us.
I had some very nice and informative conversations with great people. Unfortunately, the answers were somewhat discouraging and challenging.
But don’t worry! I share my findings as well as what I believe about podcasting and advertising vs. radio, TV, and other forms of media. I also share some options for us with our podcasts and some possible solutions if you’re interested in sponsorships.
Question of the week this week! What do you think about sponsorships?
CLICK HERE to contact me!
Findings, Discoveries, Answers to the Universe
- Opportunity to be a part of the review team for the Podcast Awards
- Arrow Squad is a finalist in the Best Produced category! I will be posting ways to vote for Arrow Squad (should you wish to help out) and you’ll be able to vote DAILY starting March 4th.
- A few of the review qualifications and questions were:
- Sound Quality
- Presentation and Delivery
- Sponsorship Research and Findings
- Contacted companies and researched sponsorship opportunities
- Reports on findings
- Radio and TV vs Podcasts
- Sponsorships vs Patreon
- 3 options:
- Take the sponsorships as they are
- Don’t take sponsorships
- Fight and stand up for what we have as podcasters and stop comparing ourselves to radio, TV, and other forms of media
Question of the week
What do you think about sponsorships?
Do you have a success story with your podcast and a sponsorship?