I have a GREAT show for you! Shaine Freeman – host of The Miews Podcast and I Am Entertainment magazine will be joining us with some INSANELY helpful information for you and your podcast!
We’ll be chattin about the power of relationships, sponsorship strategies, the ever-important mindset, understanding YOUR value, how to utilize social media, and believing in YOUR podcast and what you are delivering!
About Shaine Freeman
Shaine Freeman is the Co-Founder of I Am Entertainment and a 20 year music industry veteran who has worked with some of music’s biggest names!
Shaine also spent 5 years managing the successful career of several top film and TV actors. His passion for helping unsigned music artists is what drives him to host The Miews Podcast and share key insider success tips.
Shaine is also coaches basketball for youth, frequently working with the Atlanta Hawks.
- The importance of iTunes New and Noteworthy and an experiment!
- Not NEEDING the listener or sponsor, etc… not being desperate. Wanting them, yes, but not needing them.
- Attitude of confidence
- UNDERSTANDING VALUE
- Being positive with your audience
- Getting past the feelings because feelings are unreliable
- Worst thing is to base how you approach your show with how you feel
- Mindset is EVERYTHING
- Realizing that not everyone is interested in what we’re doing/find those that ARE interesting
- Marketing is a trending hashtag on Twitter – use the hashtags to target the right people
- Utilizing Twitter to find those people and then @theperson to connect with them specifically to connect with them, let them know what you’re doing, etc…
- Reached out to those you already know in your niche – NETWORK – ask for introductions
- Getting interviews to get their expertise AND access to their audience
- Not being afraid to ask for referrals
- MUST BE VISIBLE – can’t be a hermit and succeed
- “Use your network to build your net worth!”
- Combine your show with other podcasters’ shows into a media kit – approach sponsors with average listens per episode(s) / month
- RELATIONSHIPS RELATIONSHIPS RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!
- Media sponsors care about WHO we’re reaching on our podcast – make sure the people we are reaching MATCH with what the sponsor does/offers
- KNOW your return on investment – the companies spend money on your podcast BECAUSE they get a return on their investment.
- If we can prove the return/value back to a sponsor, then it’ll work. Advise against taking money for the sake of having it. Make sure you DELIVER or else trust will be broken.
- Be an asset to the medium of podcasting
- LinkedIn – purposely seek out Media Buyers – if their title says they handle the “advertising budgets” then REACH OUT TO THEM!
- BELIEVE IN YOUR PODCAST – PROMOTE IT, TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT!!!!!!
- Know what your listeners WANT
- Take ONE thing learned today and apply it!
- THEN report back on your successes and learning moments so we can all learn together!
- Check out Shaine and The Miews and I Am Entertainment Magazine in the links below!
- Connect with Shaine on Twitter!
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!
- Get busy becoming PROFITABLE! Let’s make an IMPACT with our podcasts!
Links and Resources
- The Miews Podcast
- I Am Entertainment Magazine
- Shaine’s Twitter
- Profitcast’s iTunes for leaving a review
Resonating with Profitcast? Join the Profitcast Universe!