I asked the question… “How do I know whether or not my podcast content is REALLY what listeners want?” In MY mind, I think – I’ve got good content with my podcasts. I love getting behind the mic and encouraging, entertaining, etc. with my podcasts. But how do I REALLY know if my content is what others actually WANT?
I was given great advice: “Would you listen to your own podcast and be a loyal fan of it?” Wow… great question.
I talked with Rob Walch and Elsie Escobar of Libsyn and The Feed Podcasts, among many others, on Profitcast this week and we talk a lot about content, growing your podcast, getting listeners rather than just listens, creating incredible loyalty, what it takes to monetize a podcast, Libsyn vs Soundcloud, owning your own feed, and a LOT more. It’s a fantastic interview, albeit longer than most episodes of Profitcast but well worth it!
Would YOU listen to your OWN podcast and be a loyal fan of your podcast? CLICK HERE to contact me!
Rob hosts Podcast411 and Today in iOS Podcasts, co-hosts The Feed Podcast with Elsie, and is VP Podcaster Relations at Libsyn. Rob’s been around since the beginning of podcasting and has coached many of the successful podcasters today on how to podcast.
Elsie is a podcaster, Yoga specialist, and, as she puts it, Modern Digital Jedi! She hosts the She Podcast, Elsie’s Yoga Class Podcast, and The Feed Podcast with Rob.
- Making sure to answer listener questions
- Making sure listener’s voices are heard
- Finding out WHERE your listeners are AT (She Podcast – the women are on FB)
- EDITING is a great strategy! :) Produce and edit your podcasts!
- Good content and word of mouth marketing will grow your show
- CONVENIENCE for listeners so they can EASILY listen, respond, etc.
- Having a place for the conversation to take place
- CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT
- If you have RIGHT content, the listeners will come
- If you have the RIGHT relationship with your podcast topic, you will ROCK IT… if not, you won’t
- Would you listen to your own podcast?
- Do you like the sound of your own voice?
- Does your podcast entertain or bore the listeners?
- Libsyn is all about helping podcasters to promote THEIR OWN BRAND vs Soundcloud is all about helping podcasters to promote Soundcloud’s brand
- Libsyn does not take away your ownership of your feed – you own AND control your feed if you run it through Libysn
- Running your feed through your website may end in disaster
- Be a matchmaker between advertiser and your listeners
- CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW
- Give Rob and Elsie a shout over at Libsyn or either of their podcasts (BELOW)
- Answer this question: Would YOU listen to your OWN podcast and be a loyal fan of your podcast?
- Do you KNOW your own feed? If so, what is it?
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!
Links and Resources
Resonating with Profitcast? Join the Profitcast Universe!