I am blown away, sometimes, by the wisdom I learn from interviewing other people! When I set out to interview Greg Weisman, I thought he’d have some fun and good content for us. What I didn’t anticipate was the level of experience and expertise he’s developed over the years writing for popular comics and shows.
His advice on storytelling, content creation, and character (avatar) creation and understanding is INCREDIBLE.
After all, he got his content in front of and was hired by Lucasfilm, Disney, Marvel, and DC Comics. Pretty impressive!
I also promised we’d talk about Opportunity vs Distraction and I share an update on the Profitcast journey!
Let’s turn all of this knowledge and information into WISDOM and SUCCESS!
Are you passionate about your podcast and the content you create? CLICK HERE to contact me!
Greg is a writer of comics & cartoons & books. He’s one of the creators and producer of the Gargoyles television series. He was a producer on shows including W.I.T.C.H., The Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice and Young Justice: Invasion. He’s now an executive producer and writer for the brand new Star Wars Rebels and has written two novels: Rain of the Ghosts and Spirits of Ash and Foam.
Use the Force… Unlearn what you have learned…
- UPDATE TIME
- Great blog post from Michael Hyatt about not being bashful about selling your products
- Still researching the BEST ways to grow your audience with little to no resources
- One size fits all
- Opportunity vs Distraction
- LOTS of opportunities… LOTS of good things to get involved with and help with VS one or a couple WISE things to actually do
- Vision and Single Motivating Purpose
- Greg’s Journey
- KNOW their characters inside and out… then the characters start to “tell you how their story is going to go” (THIS APPLIES TO OUR AVATAR/AUDIENCE)
- Clear on the END GAME.
- PASSION about what you do and the content you write
- Storytelling that impacts others
- Do you love your OWN content… would you watch your own show? If not, then why would anyone else?
- Put out the content to the best of your ability and then try to “ignore” the comments…
The Spectacular Action Points
- CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW
- Please check out Greg’s Books (LINKS BELOW)
- Leave Greg a 5-star rating and review for his books on Amazon
- 2 Questions this week:
- Are you PASSIONATE about your podcast and the content you create?
- Do you KNOW your end game?
- Give me your feedback on today’s episode of Profitcast!